Hello
I know I've been quiet recently...but today I went to have my medical today.
It went well my doctor is one of the nicest people and is very supportive and also understands that I am a mental health nurse and thus am pretty much an expert patient when it comes to my own depression and that I have the skills and all the stages in place that I need when it gets to me and to be honest he asked me when my last depressive episode was and I told him about June/July and well he then asked me when the one before that was and it was 2/3 years ago. He put that down and wrote that I can clearly identify the triggers and issues given that June/July was stress from work and wedding stuff and it was only a couple of days so he wouldn't class it.. Also he's very positive that we would give a child a great home. It was a very positive experience and he can't wait to meet the addition to our family.
So I've had a good day so far and I'm off to Butlins for the weekend for a friends hen do...
Wow, what a great doctor. Wish ours were so good! It's also great that you can recognise your own depression, and that can identify the triggers.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the hen do, and thanks for linking up with the weekly adoption shout out x
I remember being nervous about the medical because I too suffer from depression. So pleased your doctor has been understanding and supportive. Although I loath my depression with a passion I can see that the self awareness I have honed due to it has definitely helped me talk and identify emotions with my children. Another step closer.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing on the Weekly Adoption Shout Out. x
So glad to hear about your awesome self awareness around depression, and also thanks for talking about it as it's not talked about often enough - especially in such a positive way like you have done here.
ReplyDelete