Sunday, 18 August 2013

Ten Things Of Thankful #11

Time for some more thankfulness.... (granted I'm sure I'm going to struggle this week so it may not get to ten... or it may become silly things at the end =D Who doesn't love silly things eh?)

Without further ado... or so...

  1. Interviews... I had two of them... I got offered both jobs (yay for me) and accepted one of them (obviously...) I'll start as soon as I get all the necessary checks done and references in... 
  2. Hubby. He's wonderful, he was very caring on thursday, especially after I was sore and in pain from my fall... and he's generally just kind and caring =) He's also been helping his dad with painting and decorating this week...
  3. Carcassonne it's been keeping me entertained when I've been bored. I have an app on my phone of it and that really means I can play a quick game when I'm bored... funny thing is I've had a few random dreams about it as well... which is just random in all amounts... lol
  4. The tooth bus... it was in the local city on thursday and was doing walk in dentist appointments, I'd been meaning to get to a dentist for a while but just hadn't given that I didn't have one down here... so I wondered in and well yes it was a bit of a shock but it's defo given me a kick up the butt in the whole tooth care thing... so I will ensure that they are looked after and get the small cavity filled as soon as I can (I have already registered with a local dentist just waiting for an appointment now =D)
  5. Family... Hubbys mum visited on friday, which was interesting... as always... lol =D We went to a local pub for some nice grub and then we went for a walk around the local park and through an old cemetery which was actually quite interesting... 
  6. Cricket.. We have been to see the local team in the semi finals with Hubby and FIL, we lost quite ridiculously... to be honest, but the team that won did so in an amazing fashion... Well done to Northants cricket team =)
  7. Joking with hubby, we do have some funny jokes between us and then we make jokes out of nothingness which is also a good thing =D
  8. Holidays... I'm off on holiday on monday, don't worry I will post the canoe story on the 24th... so that you can then read and laugh at it... 
  9. Old films... sat writing this whilst watching Star Wars - A New Hope... just love R2D2 and C3PO... hehe so very cool... 
  10.     Cups of tea... I love a nice cup of tea, and usually with some biscuits, but I'm happy to have one on it's own. I'm also accustomed to semi cold tea... comes with the whole working as a nurse thing...



So there you have it... hope you enjoy, don't forget to do yours and add it to the hop...
 

Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

7 comments:

  1. Nice work, Hexy! I still don't understand Cricket so I can't entirely appreciate that one on your list.

    And yes, STILL waiting on the canoe story...hop to it, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty20

      Explains the basics on the cricket that we went to see, anything else and it's too long for me and I loose interest...

      The canoe story is written and shall be posted next saturday, I'll try and link it to the hop but I'm not sure how easy it'll be

      Delete
  2. ...now cricket, thats the one where the players get to run at the opposing team *before* throwing the 'ball'?

    lol fun list...congrats on the job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. er... I think you mean rugby...

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty20
      The link will tell you all about the type of cricket that I went to see at the weekend =)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the job offer!

    I've heard of bookmobiles, but never dental buses. Glad you were able to take care of your teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big yay for the new job! And I LOVE the way you describe your mother-in-law's visit as "interesting".

    Looking forward to the canoe story....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the job! (and to have your choice!)

    I have enjoyed some walks through old cemeteries myself. They can be fascinating.

    I find my husband's ability to make me laugh one of the sexiest things about him. Wonderful to be able to laugh with your spouse so easily, isn't it?

    Enjoy your holiday. We'll enjoy the canoe story. :)

    ReplyDelete