Saturday, 31 August 2013

TToT #13

This time last week I was celebrating my 1st year anniversary with my wonderful hubby in Wales... (thus why you got the canoe story which was a pain in the bum to post on the link) SO my thankfulness this week will be a bit of that and a bit off other things as well...

So down to the numbers...

  1. Hubby... Obviously one year of marriage wouldn't have happened without him, neither would the wonderful week away in Wales... it was a great week... which we spent in number 2...
  2. The wood cabin  which was indeed and amazing break away from the whole home thing but also was pretty spectacular itself... (as you can see) It was in a little village and was so very quiet and restful...






3. The hot tub... it was at the cabin... but it was also amazing, we spent many an hour in it, but also spent time at night sat in it watching the stars... also we had champagne and strawberries in it... hehe 




   4. The work of Jan and Graham at the Wales Ape and Monkey Sanctuary 
There were some very cool monkeys there... They do such wonderful work and also all of the money made through the shop goes towards the monkeys care... and also the worlds weirdest looking chimp lives there... (hehe)
5.My wonderful father in law and hubby for all of their hard work on our bedroom. They have both helped with the decorating...  so I now have a very amazing bedroom... the feature wall is now decorated like this:


6. The wonderful canal trip that we went on for our wedding anniversary, and then we had dinner at Pizza Express (which was nice food, but crap service) 

7. Postcards, I receive them from all over the world from the Postcrossing website. I'm thankful because I get to see lots of different places through these cards and also learn bit about new people.

8. Sunsets... they are beautiful and this one was gone within the blink of an eye...

 9. Tea... I've had lots of tea today over the past couple of days... it's been very nice and some of it has even been made by me... hehe (hubby would be very proud) 

 
10. This is for my hubby... Who is amazing









Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

30 comments:

  1. lol! *


    * the visual generated by your hot tub soup cauldron, Lizzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Number Six*)

    Very cool list, sounds like an excellent week! The canal boat is intriguing...have seen them on TV and in the movies the 'scale' of them, relative to the width of the canal must be an interest effect.
    The Sunset photos...very cool

    Well, off on my morning rounds...will check back in later in the day!

    * sorry for the asterix but it's part of my obligatory 'odd list approach' over at the Doctrine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the sunset. It was gone within seconds of me taking the photos.

      The canal was definitely different, hubby wants to do a longer trip next time. I'm not sure though

      Delete
  3. I love the canal boats .... I think when I was in England and Wales I spent way too much time in them....At least it wasn't in the human soup...ick, Lizzie! I was jealous before I read that! HA! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsWLTfvc0k
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9CxtAkI1LU

      It's in two parts. Watch the whole thing. You, too, Shanique.

      Delete
    2. There was no stewing.... Trust me I wouldn't have been anywhere near it if there was...

      Delete
    3. You truly have to watch those videos.

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby :) Here's to many more wonderful years together...

    Hot tub under the stars sounds divine and a little kinky-ish :P

    That sunset is oh so gorgeous...

    I've joined postcrossings but I have yet to send a postcard. Sighs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :-)

      Hot tub was amazing hubby was planning on how to get one when we get a house...

      Postcrossing is great fun...

      Delete
  5. I am thankful for appreciating the sunset too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the Tales from the Darkside episode, back to haunt Lizzi again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cabin! What a romantic place to stay!

    YOUR BEDROOM WALL IS A FOREST?! Waaaait, that's a picture....

    You can never, never go wrong quoting Pooh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stayed in one before and really enjoyed it then so figured we would do it again

      Lol it is indeed a picture but it's amazing

      Pooh is the best

      Delete
  8. Happy anniversary to you! Love tea...and love Winnie the Pooh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol the hot tub was cleaned and emptied before we arrived and then refilled...

    The boats just seemed fun...

    Hope you liked the wall

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely anniversary trip! That little cabin and hot tub look heavenly! Happy anniversary!

    Visiting from the Ten Things hop! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a great anniversary and vacation. That cabin seems really sweet, and you can't ever argue with a hot tub. That is, unless it's a public one that likely hasn't been cleaned >.< Yikes!

    I see you have the canoe story up, so I will have to remember to check it out. I know everyone (including myself) was curious of that sordid tale...

    That's some crazy scenery for a wall... I'd hate to wake up from some dream (or rather nightmare) of being lost out in the woods being chased by someone... or something.

    Bad News Bears.

    Have a great week :-)

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely... and yes it was a private one =)

      Oh the canoe story... lol it is there...

      yeah.. now you've put the whole bear in the woods thing in my head... if I have a bad dream I'll know who to hunt down...

      Delete
  12. Sounds like a wonderful retreat for you both. Including the hot tub. Ignore the Debbie Downers and their soup talk.

    I love a good sunset. Nice photos!

    I think I would like to take a canal boat someday. It looks interesting. (But really, do you two have a goal to ride in every single kind of boat before your 5th anniversary?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I don't think we have a plan or goal as such it just seems to happen... I don't actually like boats.. well not small ones.. the bigger ones are fine... it's odd...

      Delete
  13. I couldn't resist going to read the canoe story - and had to laugh, as something similar happened to hubby and I many years ago :)

    So glad you had a wonderful time here in Wales - the Brecon Beacons are lovely, but we're really fortunate to live just half a mile from the sea where we are, so wouldn't swap it, even for the beacons! :)

    I shuddered at the hot tub vids, too! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just typical for us... we are indeed accident prone...

      Wales is great, we have spent lots of time there and really enjoy it =)

      Delete
  14. I hope all the tiny tubes, and to be honest they probably did especially given they ran clan water through it and then emptied then re filled it...

    I'm glad you were impressed, Very thankful for my FIL who put it up...

    It was great to see you and spend time with you, hope hubby it a bit better today, shall have to do an evening with you both and maybe not so much crazyness...

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the Pooh quote! And happy anniversary. Also? Your feature wall sounds amazing if it's decorated with that gorgeous photo! How'd they do it? So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was outside shooting sunset photos tonight. You're right; they disappear so quickly! Your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Anniversary! Glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday.

    And thank you for co-hosting such a great link-up. I am loving it!

    Brigid
    P.s. Thanks for stopping by The Pink Roller Coaster and leaving such a kind comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved this anniversary edition of TTOT! Congratulations, and here is to many, many more years of making good memories together! A couple years ago we rented a little cabin on river and it also had a hot tub that was much used and enjoyed. It is so fun to spend time together away from home and the daily routine. Gotta say that the feature wall in your bedroom is amazing, love it!!

    ReplyDelete