Monday: I woke up surprisingly early and full of life and so made my way off to the gym where I did my gruelling gym work out and then did an aqua aerobic class. That afternoon I had an appointment with the SW... which well the less said about it the better. I'm still thinking about what I'm going to do with her ultimatum.
Tuesday: I felt fine in the morning and this was all going really well, I went to the gym did the work out and then did a body combat class (which is actually really good and it's something that I will be looking out for to be able to go to again... I then met up with a friend in the local town for a cup of tea and a natter (up until this point I was feeling fine) and then I came home and sat down to relax and it hit me, oh my I suddenly felt horrendous, so I sent a text off to say I wouldn't be at brownies and then battled through about an hour od D&D before admitting defeat and went to bed.
Wednesday: Work... admittedly I was tempted to phone in sick, but I went to work and worked my butt off... I felt terrible and that it was a struggle to actually get through but I did and I was very proud to actually have stuck with it. I was however knackered by the time I got home and so went to bed pretty much once I got in.
Thursday: I woke up and was feeling a bit better, which was all some evil fast of my body, I was fine until I got to work when the heat from the building hit me, this was the main problem, so full on cold and flu symptoms hit (which isn't good when working with frail elderly people) so I struggled on for the rest of the day and managed to get through. Getting home to fish and chips with my wonderful hubby...
Friday: Work again, but it was a non uniform day and there were only two of us (nurses in) when there should have been 3, so I had to cover two units (55 people) on my own, given that I've only been working there for 3 weeks this was a task and a half, I'm pretty quick on picking up faces and putting them to names, but this was an ask and a half, I was very thankful for the staff members being around and being able to help me identify the right person when doing the meds. The day was hectic, I was literally running around for the majority of the day, and having an admission really didn't help either.
Saturday: I'm relaxing.. lol with my hubby, we are trying to sort out what we are doing this evening but having actually got it sorted yet...
I know it's not exactly 10 but it's a run down of the mentalness that has been my week... for more conventional 10 things click on one of the links below =D
Your hosts
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I can say mama, I Want Backsies, Rewritten, Steps into Parenthood, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine

Whoa. Kudos for your resilience! Please get a bit more rest this weekend, you certainly deserve it. Have a great week ahead!
ReplyDeleteThanks, I'm just trying to make a good impression at work and so I really didn't want to phone in sick, so I'm just having to plough through. I'm glad I have a weekend to relax
DeleteGlad you're feeling better and hope whatever you and your husband do tonight, it is relaxing! Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteWe're off out for a meal with some friends which should be good fun
DeleteIt does feel like I have been. I'm looking forward to not doing a lot...
ReplyDeleteMy hours haven't been too bad so far... but yes october is going to be fun
You and me both. Haven't got a clue what I'm going to do yet... *hugs*
my god what a week!I don't even know what to say other than I hope it improves it seems to be starting. Who needs a traditional list with the week like that?
ReplyDeleteWow, your job hours sound grueling! Labor laws don't allow 60 hours per week here, 40 caps... I'm sorry you're sick as well, Hope you get better soon and are provided some good meds. I can't wait to be cough- and pain-free!
ReplyDeleteUgh. That doesn't sound pleasant at all. Yet, you found the good where you could. I pray you get some much-needed rest before the onslaught of another work week hits. Feel better! (Apparently, that's an order.)
ReplyDeleteWhat a week! I hope you're feeling much better soon!
ReplyDeletesounds like not as much fun, even allowing for it being mostly work. I identify with the feelings, the sense of 'relief' when it looks like the impending illness is a false alarm, and then the disappointment when it becomes apparent that the germs have no given up! Nice effort to 'work through it'... I believe that rest is necessary, but unfortunately that is not always an option.
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better in the week ahead.
My goodness, it seems everyone in the blogosphere is sick this week! So sorry you were one of them, but happy you're feeling better. Take it easy over the weekend fer sher! Your workouts sounds FUN!
ReplyDeleteThat's terrible that you felt so lousy and still had to work! Hope you're feeling much better and get some rest. And don't push yourself to go back to the gym too soon!
ReplyDelete