I feel I am letting down the blog thing a little bit, if only because nothing has happened in the terms of our adoption for the last couple of weeks and to be honest, the next time we are seeing our sw isn't until 14th may, which is rather annoying and it will be a joint meeting with the sw who is taking over us when our current one leaves... so that's pretty much it...
I used to feel like that with my adoption diary the first time around. There are gaps where nothing happened. Once the HS is completed it all speeds up quite a bit. I think the process is like little flurries of activity followed by long periods of head scratching. That latter totally driving you nuts!! Hang in there. The waiting is awful but you do get there eventually.
ReplyDeleteOoh can you put a gadget on so I can follow your blog via email? I get so busy these days that I miss things and I'd like to keep in touch and see how things are going. It's so much easier to get an email xxx
ReplyDeleteDone =)
DeleteAs Gem says...hang in there. The waiting does drive you mad, but you will get there. We took the gaps as opportunities to read and research. I'm sure you're doing lots of that already, but carry on absorbing as much as you can, at least that way you feel like you're being proactive, even if SS aren't.
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up to the Weekly Adoption Shout Out x
It does suck you are right but without sounding like everyone else you can use it wisely. Read or just enjoy each others company and do things together, it really will be very difficult to do once you have adopted. My husband and I often exclaim at how we really didn't realise how little time there would be for us once the boys came. I know you will get there soon and we will be here to hear all about it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing on the Weekly Adoption Shout Out. x