Tuesday, 7 May 2013

a side step...

This is a side step from the adoption stuff, especially as our next appointment isn't until next week...

I've had a pretty trying weekend... I work a night shift on Friday and again on Saturday, I was feeling a bit grotty Sunday morning so had said to the staff I wouldn't be in for my niIght shift that night. I came home and went to sleep mainly because I was feeling grotty. I woke up at about 4.20pm to some strange sounds, I originally thought the fan was making some bizarre noises, but it wasn't... 

I looked out the window of our flat and there were two fire engines, an ambulance and smoke, lots and lots of smoke. It was pouring out of one of the downstairs flats... needless to say it scared me, I was told to stay put by the fire crew (mainly because the stair well was filled with smoke and would have been more dangerous for me) so I was stuck, in a flat that was slowly filling with smoke. Luckily I remembered something from numerous fire talks and the likes that I shoved my dressing gown under the front door and the duvet under the lounge door. I tried not too get too panicky but as the smoke continued and all I was panicking. Luckily it didn't take too long (45 minutes) for the fire crew and a paramedic to make their way up to the flat. Once I was out they did a load of observations on me, and then did a load more and finally (30 minutes) later decided that I was fit and well enough to be able to go. The paramedic came back upstairs with me to check I was ok. All the windows had been opened but it still stank of smoke.

Hubby finally came home (took him about 20 minutes) and he called his lovely sister, and we went off to their house for the night... 

My minds still a little bit scrambled because of what happened.. and all... I slept ok that night, last night we were back at home, and I managed to get off to sleep whilst hubby was home, but I woke up about 10 minutes after he had gone and really couldn't sleep any longer, I was panicked and feeling sick, but it subsided eventually... 

I'm off to work tonight, so that should be entertaining...      

No comments:

Post a Comment