- My hubby. He is wonderful and puts up with so much. Especially at the moment given that my body seems to hate us both... But he still shows me his love for me and makes me feel like the centre of his universe.
- Days off. I feel like I've actually had a load of time off in the past week. I haven't but it's just the way that my shifts worked out. Having had this time off I have spent it seeing good friends who live away away... I've also spent it with my husband just relaxing and having a good time together.
- Evenings with friends. These have been included in the one above but it's been great to have a laugh and to enjoy games and jokes with them.
- Sleep. I tend to be more thankful for this when it's the middle of the night and everyone else who is even vaguely normal is asleep apart from me at work.... So when I do get to sleep I enjoy it...
- Holidays. Hubby and I have booked a week holiday in a few weeks so that we are away for our first anniversary but also for a break from everything else. By everything else I mean the frustratingness that is our adoption process... However we do have at least a glimmer of hope.. My gp has been in contact as they have had a request for more details so I'm going in on Tuesday to give them to the gp so it can at least be sent to the adoption people... We should also hopefully find out who are new social worker is going to be...
- Random films. This is the one bonus of working nights is that I get to watch completely random films that normally I wouldn't look at or even watch... Some are better than others I have to admit but still its better than other things on the TV.
- My own space and my own thoughts. I'm thankful to have the time to think and organise my thoughts and to be able to sort them out. More so, so the rubbish gets thrown out sooner.
- Salads especially in hot weather. Something healthy but also something tastey. Granted most of my salads are the same but they are tastey and I enjoy them... Which is what counts.
- Hope... Hope with the future and that we may get some where with our adoption and becoming parents...
- I've sort of run out of things so something random... I'm thankful for the first beams of the morning sun...
For more thankfulness click on one of the links below...
Your hosts
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Bringing the Sunshine, Considerings, Finding Ninee, I can say mama, Steps into Parenthood, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine

Mmm, I love a good salad.
ReplyDeleteYAY for holidays! I am on vacation right now.
I really can't wait... just wish it would come sooner and I wouldn't have to go to work again... lol
DeleteGood for you getting away on a holiday. They have a magical way of helping a person relax and forget about things at home.
ReplyDeleteOf course, evenings with friends are pretty helpful in that respect, too.
I love a good sunrise, too. I'm usually up for them, and I always stop what I'm doing to admire them.
I pray the adoption process moves along quickly and you get a wonderful social worker.
Thank you =)
DeleteWe both really hope that the process speeds up now... it's getting annoying...
Getting away for a holiday is something we simply don't do enough of in the states. One to three weeks a year is it, if that. I actually worked for nine years without going on one at all. No wonder I'm a mess. lol I stay up late at night (especially after usually passing out right after eating my evening meal. The time alone is a wonderful thing. I hate the fact that it must end as I have to get some sleep prior to work. Great post!
ReplyDeleteWe don't tend to take huge holidays very often here either...
DeleteWe're just quite lucky that both of us work in reasonable jobs and with my rota I have days off in between my shifts so we can get away for a few days. It also helps that we don't have any dependants so we can just up and go
It is a damned good thing they did, we are still awaiting any word from poole themselves...
ReplyDeleteYou should try and see it one day, it's beautiful
Thank you so much =) You and Joe are just as Awesome and Lovely =)
Totally with you on the last item. Dawn.
ReplyDeleteI am a big fan of that time of day, I will go to sleep early if it allows me to get up early...there is something about the rising of the new sun.
(In the distant past, have done time in the land of 3rd shift... truly not for everyone.)
It's been cool stealing your hubby too for cricket too :-)
ReplyDeleteHey, there is absolutely nothing wrong with some randomness in your life. :) Glad you threw it in there!
ReplyDeleteAnd best wishes on your adoption process. We are in process of getting our foster care license which may (or may not, time will tell) lead to an adoption for us too. :)
adoption is such a gift...Best to you . Also with you on the random sunrise... fabulous.
ReplyDeleteHurray for sleep and salads. And hope. Hope is huge. My brother and his wife are waiting for news of a baby - they've been on the list for a couple of years now and I know they get so impatient but also very excited. I think they're up to number five now so hopefully it'll be soon for them. And I hope you get great news about your process soon as well!
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to play the waiting game. Good social workers can make the process a bit easier, though, so I hope you like your new one.
ReplyDeleteDays off! Yes! I have two more weeks of days off until school starts, and then I will spend too much time looking forward to the next day off! (As if having three months of days off in the summer wasn't enough.)
ReplyDeleteAnd yes to salads in summer. Except I think salads taste better in a restaurant than at home. Don't know why that it is.