Tuesday, 3 September 2013
mixed blessings?
So... We have finally met our new SW... which was well a bit odd...
She has been very honest with us, and had something to say which made me feel cold on the inside but then some other things that made me feel a bit better.
She started by telling us about what had happened at the panel that we were told we wouldn't need to go to back in July, which now according to the new procedures that have been put in place was actually as to whether they would continue our assessment or drop it (as they do a sort of initial assessment and then can go to panel to drop the assessment or to continue it). We were told that it was a very close call for them to actually continue our assessment. There are still a lot of concerns that they have and now we will at least be able to go through them all and actually try and clear them up.
We have no time frame, this is due to the complexity of our situation and the fact that there are so many issues that we need to go through... I haven't even mentioned about my job yet because I feel it may just be one thing too far, so I might wait before I tell them...
The good news is our new SW is a senior practitioner within the team so this is a bonus as she is very on the ball and is willing to listen to us and take what we say on board... She has also told us that she will keep us informed through the process which is more than the last one did...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I didn't realise they were taking people to panel after the initial assessment. Hope all goes well - wish you the best in your journey.
ReplyDelete