Saturday, 7 September 2013

TToT #14

I currently have a couple of posts that are in the draft stages, granted they are not very interesting and I usually give up on them (thus why they are drafts) and I'm sort of going through that phase with the whole blog, at the moment it seems to only actually be the blog hop at the weekend that is making me post anything at all... I guess it's because I set the blog up to actually write about our adoption process, however as this seems to have gone into almost a complete stop I think this is the issue... hopefully it'll start to pick up again... 

Anyway I'm going to try and do these but obviously I might just give up half way through...  such is life...

1. My Husband, I'm always very thankful for all of his kindness and loving that he gives me. He is indeed wonderful This week he has helped me make the headboard for our bed The gorgeous one here -----> which has now completely finished our bedroom so yay! He's also given me lots of cuddles and kisses this week while I've been feeling grotty, so I'm definitely grateful and thankful for him and his wonderfulness this week =)

2. Finally having a meeting with our new SW, it's been a big thing this week, granted it's also given us a lot to think about and it has played on my mind quite a bit during the days, but I guess until it's gone through and we know one way or the other I guess I will continue to over think everything that I/we have said to her or have mentioned... so yes.. kinda of thankful... but also a lot fearful...

3. Good friends, who this week have indeed lifted me up when I have been having a low moment but also have been keeping me laughing when I've been in great moods and also have had a load of laughs with... all of these are great  



4. The gym. I haven't been for a long time mainly because I've not been feeling 100% and also because I've lacked some enthusiasm to go, so today I went to the gym (as they have finished the refit) so I did my program plus some extra... and so I've now been rebooked for a review (partly because they've lost my program) so I'll have something new to do next week... and possibly use some of the new equipment that they have at the gym...

5. Good TV. It's that time of the year where all of the new series are starting on the TV. We've starting watching 'Under the dome', which is really good and I'm looking forward to seeing more of the series and understand the plot (I could buy the book and read it which I may indeed do at a later point but at the moment I'm happy to watch the TV version.) We've also started watching Wentworth Prison, which is apparently a remake of prisoner h (I never saw it) it is really good and worth a look, I have a thing for crime shows so this is along those lines...
The other one is the final series of CSI New York (9). I have been an avid follower of CSI since the beginning and have enjoyed all of the spin offs New York and Miami, and I am sad to see New York go but given that having the main character of CSI change and the loss of huge amounts of fans means I understand why they are saying no more. 

6. Tea! It has to be on my list. It has been on my list for the last 14 weeks and so I can't actually leave it off. I do love a cup of tea esspecially when I am feeling unwell which has been a lot this week... My tea has to be white with no sugar and pretty strong... 

7. BBQ Hula Hoops... I seem to be going through a phase with this again. I tend to go through phases with some crisps, it's only ever hula hoops or wotsits... both of which I like but only in small amounts... Too many and I find them sickening. so here's for the crisp that you can then put on your fingers...


8. Going to the cinema with my hubby. We went last night and went to see About Time.. which is actually really good, and romantic, it was nice to spend time with hubby and to snuggle in the cinema whilst the film was on. Worth going to see if you want a slightly bizarre (time travel) but pretty slushy romantic film to watch

9. Running in the rain... It was absolutely bucketing it down when we got out of the cinema last night... however we both decided that we'd make the run for the car.. it was funny, we got to the car both looked at each other and just went 'urgh' and then laughed... (odd I know)



10. I'm thankful for this hop, it was hard to think through this 10 and I know this is kind of a cop out but I just can't think of anything else. 

There you go 9 and a half things....           
 








Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

13 comments:

  1. The headboard looks awesome! I need to see if hubby and I can set up something like that as well, once we have the new bedroom set (and the house, of course).

    Running in the rain with the hubby sounds really romantic. Hope the adoption process is progressing quickly and you get along well with your new SW.

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually very cool... and very useful.. =D

      Fingers crossed that it does speed up a bit...

      Delete
  2. Going to the movies is one of my favorite things to do! I will have to check that movie out. Congrats on making it back to the gym- I know it isn't easy. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, getting back to the gym. Can't say I've gone back, mostly because I've not ever been. :)

    I love a good rain, and running/playing in it can be so much fun.

    Seems lots of people have had rough weeks this week, and I'm happy to see you all still finding things for which to be thankful.

    Hope next week is better than this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. having read Under the Dome I stayed away from the Television but it sounds like you like it so maybe I should give it a chance? I have to say (and have been meaning to) I love your little finger folks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd give it a chance if only to see how it relates to the book...

      Thank you... took me a while to get the pen off.. lol but still I thought they were cool =D

      Delete
  5. I am totally fascinated with the idea of bbq hula hoops and wotsits. What are they made from? Are they potato based, like our chips, or corn based, like our Cheetos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BBQ hula hoops caught my attention, too, and I'm equally in the dark about wotsits. The hula hoops brought to mind a very strange image: grilling a child's toy.

      Delete
    2. Hula Hoops are potato based... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hula_Hoops

      Wotsits are corn based
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wotsits

      The links are to the pages =)

      lol at the grilling a child's toy...

      Delete
    3. I'm with Dyanne on this, but is it food-based apparel or edible accessories?... how convenient! '...hard at work, boy I'm hungry... what am I wearing? viola!'

      lol

      Delete
    4. Okay, Wotsits are Cheetos. Hula Hoops, I have no equivalent, except that they must be kind of like a Pringle shaped in a ring.

      Delete
  6. hey I will defend the right! hell no! I will (uni-laterally and by myself*) declare a New TToT Rule!
    Rule 47: in case of emergency, the fact of the end of the List ( aka: thank god! it's number 10!) is a Valid Thankful!


    *as the sole co-host hailing from and representing the District of Y-Chromeville

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you took the time to attempt conquering the list (though, I see a 14.2). As Clark pointed out, he uses the "completing the list" as marking towards the list itself.

    Sometimes I imagine him in a fight with a grizzly bear, but then they both get so tired they just snuggle and hibernate together.

    Okay, I don't really, but can't you just imagine it?

    I'm not touching #7 because those things mentioned are odd and I'm clueless about them. Any food you can put on your fingers and eat (ring pops? black olives?), though, are good!

    Glad you and the husband were able to fit in some quality time. I really would like to see "About Time" and I highlighted the trailer a few weeks ago. I didn't know it was already out. There are a few movies out now that I wouldn't mind catching up on if getting the time to. Good to hear you liked it! I really like the trailer >.<

    I also watched "Under the Dome" and it's final episode just wrapped up this week. I am not big about giving spoilers and I'm not sure where you are currently at, but I saw you and Zoe talking about it some above.

    I haven't read the book either, and from my understandings there is quite a few changes in the TV adaptation. On the bright side, I've read King is overseeing and/or agreeing and approving most of the changes made. It's likely best to view them as each independent from the other some, which is hard if someone has read the book already. I plan to read the book as soon as all is said and done. Hopefully I can enjoy it as well.

    That Wentworth Prison intrigues me just in name, because I was a fan of Prison Break. The main character of Prison Break was played by the actor Wentworth Miller :-) That was a pretty good show (sans some lamesauce caused by the writer's strike at the time) that I'd recommend if never seeing.

    Also, huge fan of SCI: Miami, but fell off about 2 seasons ago, and I hear they wrapped that one up too recently. Never watched many of the other CSIs, but I'd imagine I'd enjoy them all the same.

    Anyways... I'm blabbing along. Sorry to hear you were feeling crummy and hope by now that's all long gone, given this was over a week ago.

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete