Sunday, 22 September 2013

TToT #16.2 U, V, W....

Another day of the hop and this weekend you've got two from me... I do however apologise that my responses to comments will probably not be until the week sometime... the joys of working all weekend...



U = Uniform... I'm not sure if I am thankful for my uniform at my new job... it's just a polo shirt and black trousers... it seems a little unprofessional but the nurses now match everyone else... I just can't seem to decided if it is a yes or no on it...
V =Vaccines I'm very thankful that they exist more so because I do come into contact with all sorts of wonderful people and their body fluids... (I'm also thankful because it has reminded me to chase up an appointment that I need to sort out but also to chase up a booster that I require.)
W = Wonderful friends and how they jump to a challenge when it has been set (they helped with coming up with ideas for the last letters as I have struggled...)
X = X- Ray... no I haven't had one... but it seemed to be top on their list for X... one of the other suggestions was xmas... which is a word that I'm not a fan off.. however it isn't that long until this dreaded time of the year... I already have an idea of what to get hubby... I even have some ideas to for myself (which never really happens) I do find christmas to be a hard time of year, it reminds me of my dad, but also of spending time with all of my family and not having to worry about working, which unfortunately as a nurse is something I no longer have the luxury of. 
Y = yoghurts, (odd I know) but I actually really like yoghurts, they are great for being healthy but they are also great for a quick breakfast when on the go... (which I always seem to be... I like sleep too much...)
Z = Zebra... I watched the animal maternity program the other day, which was amazing to watch especially when you see how the keepers work with the animals and look after them. One of the animals was a Zebra that obviously gave birth... (odd to be on the program otherwise...) but it was very wonderful and I'm thankful that there are programs like this that can shed light on to what the life is like for animals but also to help with the endangered species.  

Now to make this up to 10... (oh dear... lol)


1 = Spending an hour doing Zumba in the gym, I'm thankful that I can managed to actually go to the gym and do these classes
2 = The internet, having this wonderful resources at my finger tips is amazing,. It's also so very useful when in my job you get faced with things that you are unsure of, so you can quickly type it into a search engine and find the answer to what you are looking for... It has also over many years given me the chance to meet new friends and also it is how hubby and I met....
3 = Running hot water, this is obviously something that most people who read this are used to and something that a lot of people take for granted, but knowing that we only get hot water if the heatery thing is switched on means that there have been times where I have come home or even gotten up and realised that it hasn't been put on and we only had cold water... needless to say this sucks, so I'm thankful for the fact that hubby and I now have a nightly ritual in checking that the switch is on and the light is shining before heading to bed...
4 = My wonderful hubby, he has to be on here, because he is wonderful and also because this week he has been very kind and caring to me, he's put up with me having doubts about myself but also put up with me when I've had stupidly crazy moments. 

 

Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

7 comments:

  1. I need to get my flu shot--thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yes it was, but I really couldn't think of any words... so I'm glad so many people helped =)

    The uniform is weird... I'm still not sure of it, I guess it'll be good in the summer when the weather is warmer but at the moment it's just annoying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful list! And my favorite thing on it is the Zumba class. Love me some Zumba! I took Aqua Zumba this summer and really enjoyed it. I've been AWOL from both that class and regular Zumba since early August, thanks to my daughter's volleyball schedule, but as soon as I don't have games to attend, I will be back in full force.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zephyr is the name of a horse in my writing >.> Just saying... I like that word lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. For someone thinking they will be struggling with 10 things you sure do pull the double shift often :-) More the merrier I say!

    Glad you didn't ask me about X, because all I know associated with that letter comes in 3s... >.>

    Aaaaanyhow, another nice list. I haven't gotten a flu shot in... well, since they were mandatory at school, or something? It's been a really long time. Granted, I don't work in a field where I'm constantly around sick people and/or bodily fluids beyond my own...

    Glad you are liking the Zumba classes!

    And to be honest, if I had no internet I would likely die.

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do struggle with them, but once I get into it and actually apply myself it comes eventually (what I don't tell you is that I usually start my post on the monday and so by the sunday I do actually have 10 and sometimes 20 things...)

      lol at the X thing.... =D

      I don't blame you I'm sure flu shots actually just make you feel worse... unfortunately it is a necessary evil for me...

      zumba is grand...

      Delete