Sunday, 8 September 2013

TToT#14.2


Rawr...
I feel a bit cheerier today, (which is good) so I'm going to try and do a post... I'm not promising 10 more things.. it's more just an update of what I did yesterday...

So Yesterday having had a bit of a lie in with my hubby we then got up and wondered about the house while trying to decide what we were going to do. We finally settled on going to the cricket. It was a semi final for the 40 over type... which obviously the local team were playing... 


 It was a day of bizarre weather. On the way there we had spitting rain and so obviously we had waterproofs with us, however when we got there it was glorious sunshine, especially on the side that we were sat... From our side of the grounds we watched huge black clouds roll in from the otherside... oh and also the lightening, it was funny at one point when one side of the pitch was dark and the other bright... so strange...

We then went to meet up with FIL to have some food at a local pub, the food was actually very nice, and the chocolate fudge cake was worth the hours at the gym that I'm going to have to put in... the pub happened to have a band playing... 



They were actually very good and did some good covers, a lot better than the one that was at the pub over the road who we only heard as we were leaving... Needless to say anything would have sounded better than the cat calling woman over the road... 

Today we went to a picnic with some friends where there was a band playing.. again we had fun playing dodge with the weather.. from rain to sunshine.. all so very bizarre... The music was very good, despite them playing 'singing in the rain' when it was sunny, we were then awaiting the rain and it did come.. so we blamed them completely...






 
Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

6 comments:

  1. Picnic rules! I might have to see if I can schedule one before it becomes fall for good. Or maybe a fall picnic?? Decision!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those "strange weather" days. There's something wonderful about sun and rain on the same day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cricket and a great pub band. Sounds like my kind of day. (Or one I'd like to have.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice little Post, yo

    direct...really enjoyed the photos... (actually you gave me an idea for a TToT list using photos a certain way... don't tell the others!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When there's sunshine and rain, you get rainbows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I double post. I've not done one of those yet, and don't plan too haha Not if I can help it, at least!

    Forgot to mention kudos to going to the gym! Hope you keep up on it. I like to think you can eat anything as long as you work out, though I know a healthy diet is a huge part of staying in shape... I just drown that part out often...

    Sounds like a great follow up of food, music, and family time!

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete