Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Why???

Hello...

So we have had out initial interview, and I think we both have mixed feelings towards how it went.

Everything seemed to be going fine until she realised I had no childcare experience with younger children despite looking into this and having plans in place to gain this experience... and  then we got on to the medical section and well I felt like I might as well have just put a huge NO on our form then. PCOS -not too bad, didn't seem to mind, discussed why we didn't have IVF and seemed ok with our reasoning. IBS- likewise was fine with it as it is under control with the help of medication. 

However the minute I mentioned the depression (which I have had since I was 13/14 and have only had one other serious issue of which was when my dad passed away) she appeared to have put up every barrier she could possibly think off, I understand that they have to be cautious and not put children into a home where one of the parents could have a melt down, however when you are a mental health nurse and know your own signs and symptoms which by now I do know and so does Hubby it seems absolutely ridiculous that this could be the one thing that is going to stop us from actually being able to be a forever family for such a deserving child... 

Needless to say she has spent the time saying how she wasn't sure that they would take us forward, or if they would they would want the medical report done before the preparation course which I suppose makes sense but it just makes it seem like all the crap that happened in my past is actually going to stop me from being able to move forward in this way... 


I have been ringing around local nurseries to try and get someone to let me come in and volunteer to get some experience. There is nothing I can do about my past and the depression but I guess I'm just going to have to make the rest of it shine so that they can ignore that... lol


We do have another initial interview with Cabrini coming up just after Christmas, so that will be something to look forward too as well as Christmas obviously...    


We aren't doing a whole lot for Christmas this year, but what we are doing will be both homely and with family. Hubby's Dad is spending the actual day with us but we won't be going over the top. Shall be putting up the Christmas decorations at some point over the next week or so...

1 comment:

  1. Well I plan to, it was just disheartening when they had been positive up until that point. I don't see how it is such a big issue now days but oh well... Roll on the 27th..

    I'll try and give them a call tomorrow.. tried today and it went to answer phone.. but fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete