Saturday, 1 June 2013

Random rambling

So here's a short walk as to where we currently are on our journey to adoption. 

It has currently hit a dead end and both hubby and I are unsure if it is actually going to make the u turn needed for us to continue. We started this journey back in December last year when we finally decided to go ahead and take the first steps towards becoming adopted parents. We've been trying to conceive for almost 3 years and after last year when ivf was ruled out we took our time to ensure this is what we wanted to do.  So we contacted several las to find one and we thought we'd found a great one with the one we are currently with... All was going well until about 2 weeks ago when the bomb was dropped. Well Friday we went to see the sw to see our report that is going to panel on the 18th... Most of it is fine some of her reasons really did make both of us just wonder what planet she is on. We still have to do our comments for it but these will have to wait until I'm not working nights and we have time to sit and think how to respond. I'm still not sure how I feel about panel,  the fact that 12 random people get to decide if we continue our journey or not is really worrying. 

Scary thing is one of the things that she is worried about is my depression and well to be honest my mood hasn't fluctuated one bit,  yes I was tearful when first told but to be honest wouldn't anyone be? But I've actually been very stable so that's one in her eye... 

Anyway that is all my random rambling for now... 

1 comment:

  1. Adoption can be a roller coaster ride. Good luck with your journey. I hope that everything goes smoothly from here on out.

    ReplyDelete