Saturday, 13 July 2013

Ten Things of Thankfulness.... #6

Its another week... granted I missed last week but that was due to being away from a computer and unable to actually post =( So without further ado I'll go on to my thankfulness... 

  1. My Hubby, He will probably always be in my top ten, because I am in awe that he is my hubby and that he is always there for me but also treats me like a princess... Also he took me away last weekend so yay for him and time away together... 
  2. Time off from work to spend with my hubby, it was lucky that I had last weekend off (and this one) so that I could go away with hubby to a blues festival which was surprisingly good.. 
  3. The sun, I'm not usually a sun lover, and I'm not a great fan of the heat, but to be honest I am loving it... mainly because I eat less... and loose weight faster... =D bonus
  4. Spending time with my FIL, yesterday I went to the cricket with him and it was great fun, we were having a good laugh and also the crowd helped with the atmosphere, it was a great night and our local team won =D
  5. Good friends, who help me and keep me going when I'm having a bad day, or just having a day where I just can't get my head on straight, this is the main reason I'm so thankful for all of them.
  6. Online shopping, I'm thankful for this because I live at the top of a block of flats that doesn't have a lift... and so having someone else who will carry all of the heavy shopping up the stairs... however I did feel sorry for the poor guy who had to carry them up....
  7. Alone time. This weekend my hubby is away doing DofE, so I am having a weekend of me time. I went out with friends for lunch (which was great and much appreciated as it gave me time to talk about everything and nothing.. and also look at fish) and tomorrow I'm having a BBQ with FIL and hubby's sister and her family. I'm sure it'll be a good day  
  8. Cold Showers! Having been out in the sweltering 30.5 degree heat (according to my car) I was grateful to get inside and into a cold shower and relax... now sat enjoying a nice cold drink... 
  9.  Mobile phone signal, this may seem like a very bizarre thing to be thankful for, but as I've said my other half is in the deepest darkest parts of Dartmoor (ok I exaggerate a bit but shh...) however he has managed to find some signal to be able to call me and send texts and emails and generally just let me know that he is thinking of me (which I know but it's always nice to be reminded =).)
  10. The pool at the gym, the outside one, I was going to go and sit by it this afternoon but given the temperature... and the fact the fun is beating down I think I may give this a miss at least until it cools down a touch (if it does)  
There you go my lovelies... it has taken me a while to do this but that's because I have been thinking about them =)

 
Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

6 comments:

  1. Okay, I had to Google the conversion for celsius to fahrenheit. It's all relative, because we would be DELIGHTED for that to be our high temp! We're looking at 35 degrees celsius for a high today, and it's a little cooler than it's been earlier in the week. And yay for time away with your husband AND for time away FROM your husband so you could have some girl time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blimey that is a pretty hot day, then again, this is england, and we aren't use to the heat...

      Delete
  2. so google will accomplish what Esperanto and the UN have been unable to... lol ( metric system, the Rodney Dangerfield of measurement systems...at least in this culture).
    agree about the total value of BBQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice that you enjoy time with your father-in-law. I've only seen cricket in Bermuda, and I'm sure the atmosphere is quite different.

    I wish there was online shopping 17 years ago when we lived on the 4th floor of our building. The last year we lived there, I was pregnant, and those four flights were brutal!

    Cold showers on boiling hot days are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny, I had a shower and online shopping on my list, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete