Saturday, 29 June 2013

Ten Things Of Thankful #4

I seem to be going on to a whole weekly update thing, especially as we are awaiting for our whole adoption thing to move again, apparently our SW has to wait for the go ahead from the decision maker... so until this we are still on hold, which is just a pain in the arse... 

Well today is thankful day... although I don't feel all that thankful but here goes:

  1. Being Appreciated: I was actually thanked for everything that I did at work on sunday night, I did an extra shift so that the meds could be changed over ready for the month ahead. It didn't take too long and I also managed to destroy all the old medication. However the day nurses were very appreciative that I'd managed to get it all done in the evening, considering it usually takes about 3/4 days for it to get done.. (I don't know why)
  2. Showers: having one when you get in from the gym and your hot and sweaty and you just want to be clean, so having a nice shower is bliss. I also like having a shower when I get in from working a night shift just to clean work off me before heading to sleep or relazing for the day.
  3. My Husband: he is the most wonderful person in the world, this week we have had lots of time together and it has been good. We've wandered to London as hubby had a course and I was off work, so we walked around and enjoyed the sun...
  4. The gym: I'm still working hard at the gym, and still doing it about 3 times a week, its good fun, but also hard work. I did a good 2 hours today and certainly feel it now, but its a good feeling... 
  5. Time off: granted this week I haven't had any time off such as annual leave, however due to the way that my rota has worked out I've actually had the week off, so lots of times to relax but also spend time with my husband.
  6. Spaghetti: It is one of the staple foods in my diet and I actually really like it. I am however in to pretty plain pasta such as carbonara... and due to my allergies this is actually very tasty... Needless to say I do like spaghetti... and I'm sure I'd eat it non stop if i could.... 
  7. A good team at work: it's always good when you have a team on who can both make you smile but also work hard and do what is asked of them, without this work is very hard, but also very monotonous.
  8. Laughing: Hubby and I do laugh a lot, we tend to have our own little jokes which will seep out at night when we are together... I think this is one of our amazing strengths and I'm thankful that we have this time together but also this bond to one another...
  9. Escaping: being able to just step away from everything, being able to just shut the door on the issue but also just close the window if it's on the pc... don't get me wrong, I'm not running from my problems, I just don't always want everything shoved in my face. I also can't stand people who glory hunt or think they know everything when they dont...
  10. Cuddles: need I say more....

You know what to do, go and hop to one of the other thankful blogs...      

Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

7 comments:

  1. It is very nice when people notice the extra things you do and appreciate it, isn't it?
    I appreciate spaghetti, as it is about the easiest thing to make when dinner kinda just sneaks up on me.
    Showers, also lovely. Mine today was extra nice, considering I was covered, and I do mean covered, in pig mud.
    Laughing is the best one of them all.
    Another fine list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to be appreciated unfortunately it hasn't lasted long.

      I am looking forward to my shower when I get in this morning.

      Delete
  2. Showers were on my list too! How funny. Seriously, there is a lot to be said for those showers that just feel SO good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best, looking forward to my one when I get in from work this morning

      Delete
  3. I'm going with the 'escaping' lol (though I do like spaghetti!)

    ...and I'm really grateful for this being a 2 day blog as I was tied up at work without access to a computer for most of yesterday!

    good Post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing like the "private" jokes between two people, especially husband and wife! Or those silent looks you give each other and can do in a crowded room and no one but you two knows what you are thinking. Love those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just about to catch up on all the posts I haven't commented on yet from the last blog hops...

    Being appreciated is so important! So are showers, I always feel so refreshed and relieved after a shower.

    Awww, London! So long since my last trip to London! I miss this awesome city!!

    ReplyDelete