Friday, 15 February 2013

quick takes 8!

Once you've read mine head over to Conversion Diary  to read more 7 quick takes... 

~1~
We have been accepted... We will be adoptive parents... The local LA, that is advertising on the back of local buses has taken us on.. We even have the dates for the prep course, which are in March... so yay... just got to sort some shifts out and change some bits around but the case is we will be there and taking a huge step forward toward being parents. We are both bouncing around like complete loons... it is amazing...

~2~
My car has been a pain this week, after thinking the service and MOT would have sorted out the issue that was causing the damned service light to come on... but no... it didn't, so I had to take it back to the garage yesterday.. and well one of the glow plugs isn't working so I've got to take it back in next week to get the damned thing replaced... needless to say it is rather flippin' annoying... 

~3~
I got to spend some time at the nursery this week, which was good fun, it was very interesting to see some of the way that the children interact with each other, it all very good fun. We were playing with sparkly pink playdough this week, which was just odd, especially when I got home and still had bits of it stuck to me... 

~4~
This week I've been through a range of emotions, which have at times been very scary, granted I have also had huge highs... so I'm actually glad to be ending this week on a bright and cheerful mood... 

~5~
I've got my first shift on my own today... granted it's a night shift... which is a bit daunting, however I'm sure that it'll be fine and I'll get through the night with no issues, but obviously it's just being a bit 'ahhhh' but I'll be fine once I'm there =)

~6~
So this week has had valentines day in it... We actually had a pretty amazing valentines day, for the reason in number 1 as we actually had the initial interview and found out that they wanted to take us on all on this very special day, so it will be for the rest of forever remembered by both of us. We both got each other some little bits and pieces but nothing too expensive. I do however like my beautiful red roses that my wonderful hubby got me.. the card is very cool too =)

~7~
I'm looking forward to our holiday in 5 weeks, it's going to be good, and hopefully it'll be warm and sunny.. hehe I now have pretty much all of my clothes for the holiday ready... including some shorts that I've had to search high and low for..      

 

1 comment:

  1. well done for number 1 - sound slike you have waited a long time for this first step to happen. I came across your post on the WASO

    ReplyDelete