Sorry that I have been a bit quiet on the update front.
I've had a bit of a roller coaster weekend and last week, so just sort of spent the time trying to get my head round things and do all of the stuff that needed to be done...
So from last Thursday valentines day it's been amazing... So we have been accepted to go forward with an adoption from one of the localish LAs. So to be honest the rest of Thursday and most of Friday went by in a complete blur... That weekend I had my first shift on my own, it was quite possibly the worst night shift I have ever done in all of my nursing. Needless to say it was more due to staff then anything else... it was very annoying. That and not getting back until 9.30am the next day and doing the night again... Needless to say I didn't get chance to think a whole lot of about the amazing news we had had, and likewise sunday I spent the day in a state of half awake and not really knowing what was going on around me..
We recieved the pack of forms that we needed to fill in on monday or tuesday and set about filling them in as much as we can, granted still got a few bits to do, and obviously some of the stuff that is asked really did make my mood go a bit blurgh, but then it made sense again and life is good, I think it might be like this for a little while, especially as we are going through the process. Also realised that some bits are more eye opening then others.. such as the family tree... lol
We wandered up to London in the week to get hubby's good conduct report from Romania... needless to say we took forever wandering about trying to find the actual consulate so that hubby could apply for it. It was very exhausting but it was a good day =)
The weekend we had friends who came to stay. It was a bit of an odd weekend, I worked friday night and then we went out Saturday evening and had an amazing meal out together, talking about everything, their life and changes and the obvious for us.. I then worked again last night.. and blimey it took me almost an hour and a half to get back.. it was a so annoying and to be honest I was almost dozing off in the traffic so was glad once I started getting out of the traffic and actually moving towards my home...
But an update on the adoption thing to end this epic update of the world.. We have our first interviews in the next couple of weeks, they are the individual ones, to tall about our childhoods and the likes... We then have the training course at the beginning of march which will be good.. Got to go and speak to my manager at work about it at some point, which may need to be next week because work this week is well staggered...

No comments:
Post a Comment