Friday, 1 February 2013
Quick Takes 6... and weekly adoption shout out
1.
I'm also linking up with Weekly Adoption Shout-out this week, granted we haven't adopted yet but it's what we are striving towards =)
We've actually had contact from some of the LA's this week and it's been good to finally feel like they might be taking us on so we can start this journey proper or so.. Hopefully we should know by the middle of next week if our local LA is taking us on, if not we've started to put feelers out in other teams as well.. Just wish this hadn't taken so damned long, but unfortunately it has... We will get there and be parents one day...
2.
This week I have had an extreme mixture of emotions, I have been both happy and ecstatic and down in the dumps and depressed. It has been an odd roller-coaster, however it appears to be coming to more of a level plain at the moment which is obviously a damned good thing. My depression struck when yet another friend informed me that they were pregnant, Don't get me wrong I do feel very happy for them, I know that they have been along a bumpy road as well... so it did take some of the sting off but not all of it. The worst thing is you then see pregnant woman everywhere...
3.
I've started my new job... granted it was indeed an odd start to a job.. I got to work at 9am.. (pretty normal) and no one there was aware that I was supposed to be starting... (uh ho) however... the nurse on shift was very happy to see me, he spent time ensuring I was ok and then he found me somewhere to go and have coffee, which I did whilst waiting for the manager to come in. An hour later, I was still sat there an hour later, when the manager came and found me, he was very apologetic, apparently, he'd completely forgotten that I was supposed to be starting today and that the matron was off as she'd been in on long days all week. Apparently she hadn't told him that I was coming in.. So I spent sometime with a couple of the carers, and then did some of the lunch time bits as well... Then I came home cause I was feeling worse for where because of this evil cold...
4.
I went to see the Phantom of The Opera on Saturday with my mum, and it was amazing. I've not seen an Andrew Lloyd Webber show before and it was amazing, so much so that we have now booked tickets to go and see CATS later in the year. The actual show was amazing, there was even an exploding chandelier.
5.
My college course is still going well and I'm enjoying it, I seem to be able to get my head around the basic bits and pieces, some of it is very confusing and takes a lot of thought power but once I get the jist of it I feel far more confident. Got some homework to do for it and will set about it sooner so that what we went though is still prominent in my mind.
6.
I have had this evil cold which is driving me mad, I've had it for the past week or so... I've lost my voice a couple of times during this period which has been horrid, but at least it's sort of back now, well I'm croaky and sounding like a very husky woman, which is just very wrong.. lol
7.
I am struggling to actually find something interesting to put down for no 7... Nothing else seems to spring to mind.. I shall find a funny picture to put here...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

All post welcome from any part of the adoption journey and it will be lovely to see how you progress. Unfortunately things can take time with the adoption process so all the other things, a new job and college work plus outings to the theatre will offer a good distraction.
ReplyDeleteThank you for linking to the Weekly Adoption Shout Out
As The Puffin Diaries says, it can be a lengthy process so it's great that you've got other distractions (although I know nothing will keep your mind off becoming a parent!).
ReplyDeleteI wish you all the best with your adoption, hope the process runs smoothly and quickly and I look forward to reading about how you get on.
Thanks again for linking up to the Weekly Adoption Shout Out
I noticed that you've just got the photo and not the full badge code up there? It should redirect to either The Puffin Diaries or The Boys Behaviour to help others find your post in the Weekly Adoption Shout Out.
ReplyDeleteI can't paste it here, but if you go over to my blog, the code is on the WASO pages x
I've managed to get it in a badage at the side of the page, it wouldn't work when I tried it last week =)
Delete