So I'm not usually one for blogging and find it difficult to put my
thoughts into words sometimes so this may end up of endless amounts of
ramblings and rants... but into the intro.
Me: I'm a 26 year old female, have been
married to my loving husband for a number of months. I work as a
Registered Mental Health Nurse within a Dementia care home, which is
always interesting. I have many different hobbies and interests.
Currently I am working on a patchwork quilt which will be interesting
when I have completed it.
Hubby: Is a 34 year old... Obviously
married to me for a number of months, however we have also been going
out for the past 5 years... lol. He is a Teacher at an Independent
School teaching Science to 11 to 16 year olds...
As you may
have guessed from the title of the blog we are taking the first steps
into parenthood.. Granted it's not how most people do. Due to Polycystic
Ovary Syndrome, becoming pregnant naturally has proven itself to be
fruitless apart from a mischarage last February. So... We have decided
between us to take the first steps to parenthood through adoption.
Last night we
went to an adoption information evening, where they spent the time
telling us a lot of information which in itself made you realise quite
how much they are going to want to know before you even take the first
steps with them. We both came home with our heads full of information
and thoughts on what we want in the future.
Some of it is
daunting, knowing that they will dig into your life in such a way, they
will know everything about you and yes that seems scary but at the same
time we both understand why it must happen. That and knowing that if
they take you on and you end up getting to the panel that will be very
scary, 12 people sat around who make the decision as to whether or not
you can be linked to a child...
No comments:
Post a Comment