I'm sorry for not having done an update for a while, but there's not been a whole lot going on in my life that has warranted one.
We are still awaiting to hear anything from our LA as to whether or not they are going to take us on and actually proceed with us on the adoption path or whether we need to go off with Cabrini...
It is very frustrating and does make you wander. The government goes on and on about needing more people to adopt and to come forward, and when people do, it then takes absolutely forever for you to get anyway to see anyone or even speak to them. Hubby has tried to phone the social worker we saw twice to say that we want to go forward with them and each time we've been told she's not there, or busy and will contact us back.. however this hasn't happened. It does make you wonder if they are really going to take us seriously if they do ever get back to us and take us forward. Whether we will then have to spend about 3 months just waiting for them to actually pick up the phone so that they can then tell us some stupid piece of information.
Granted it's not as bad as the reaction that we have had from some of the other LA's that we have approached. We approached Portsmouth LA and they haven't even got back to us, we sent of the initial information that they requested and we have heard nothing from them. I phoned and spoke to Hampshire and they refused to take us because we lived within Hampshire... which is just crazy, however having heard this I then phones West Sussex and was told they wouldn't take us because we DIDN'T live within West Sussex. It's been the same for several other LAs as well. It really does make you wander what the hell!
I do very much so feel that the government needs to get this sorted and actually make them realise how very stupid this is, the worse thing is Southampton might not take us because we live within Southampton. It's flippin' mental!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
On another note, I'm going through some mixed emotions about being a nurse, I don't know what has really sparked this but it's been there for a while. Having had my current probation period extended by a month due to sickness it has made it more sort of alarming. As a mental health nurse I don't have a lot of what I'd call basic nursing skills and this makes it quite hard when you are in an environment where they are needed, don't get my wrong everyone at work is more than happy to show me how things are done and let me learn but it'd be nice to not have to ask someone how every time I needed something basic done. I also feel like I'm loosing my patience, obviously I know I've not lost it, possibly just finding things more trying because I'm not enjoying it and I'm not sure of my self. The other issue I have is, I have no idea what I'd actually want to do if I did decide not to do nursing any more. I don't have any other skills that stand out and I don't have a degree to take a basis off of, and I just have no clue what I'd actually be any good at, it's really not a good place to be.
I really hope that these thoughts will pass away soon as it is very annoying and very unnerving. Especially at the moment. I will possibly have a look at some sort of distance learning course which might help me make my mind up on what I want to do and what will help me take a step in the right direction... who knows...
Anyway that's enough from me for now, I'm going to go and find something to do that will keep my mind off of other things..


Hi there!! I asked a question on my blog but came over to yours to see if I could find out the answer. I'm sorry to hear about your job and also about the frustrations of waiting to hear about adoption that you are currently going through. I am very local to you and would love to chat more via email (threebecomefour@gmail.com). Cabrini locally are pretty good but some other friends of mine using them had a long wait in the beginning and then it all took off so hang in there with them if that's what you want to do.
ReplyDeleteYou can get a careers interview via the job centre. They don't advertise that but they certainly offered the service when I was working locally with teens. Good luck x