This post comes with a warning. L&J please don't take this personally I just need to vent my feelings
I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, and well I don't know exactly what to do or where to turn...
One of my friends is going through a very rough patch and to be honest I don't know quite how to take them, and their issues, yes they are very real and they do cause them a lot of upset but sometimes it seems like they want the world to pity them and for it all to be about them.
I know that this is actually not the case and they are needing the support from us and those around them and this is what they get. I do feel for them and the situation they are going through, it's not completely dissimilar to that of the one my hubby and I are going through. Their infertility is actually sort of up in the air which I think makes it a little bit harder for me, especially as mine is not. Mine is 100% and that's not going to change.
The fact that we haven't heard a single thing from any of the adoption agencies is starting to play tricks on my mind, and to be honest my mind doesn't need any extra influence from outside influences to make it hate itself and me, so I am having to find a whole lot of grounding stuff at the moment.
I'll be find once I get to work and once I'm occupied again, it's just the interim that I'm going to find harder to deal with.. Role on Friday and the start of the next step in my work progress...
On a more positive note.. I had a good trip out to the theater on Saturday with my mum to see the Phantom of the Opera, which was amazing. We've booked some tickets for several other shows that are coming up this year, which is good.. Including CATS which we are seeing with my mother and her partner again.
I have however got some sort of stupid cold or something at the moment, I spent yesterday, feeling sore and grotty and overly tired, I don't feel quite so bad today, it's more just snotty and sore throat and a bit tired, but hopefully whatever it is, is passing..
Adoption is a wonderful thing to consider. I am adopted. Please be proactive and ring those agencies up as they should be contacting you if you are offering a child a home. Very honest post and I always appreciate those. Thanks for linking up too.
ReplyDeleteWe've heard from one of them today and sent the next load of paperwork off to them.. so that's a start, I shall give the other a call tomorrow as I doubt they'd understand me if I called them today...
DeleteWe're there as well but 100% secondary infertility (despite never actually having had a baby). My body can't carry a pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteIt is quite common to have to wait long periods of time before hearing anything from anyone. I would chase them up. I am a big fan of ringing and reminding people who you are. I can remember tearing my hair out with our first adoption. Months would go by with nothing happening. Sooooooooo frustrating!! Hang in there. When it does all start to happen it all kicks in quite swiftly.
I hope you are feeling better soon.